.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Computer Careers Book

Blog Search Engine

Thursday, January 22, 2004

 
Resume and Cover Letter Secrets Revealed
The economy is picking up. New employment, including that
of techies, is not as strong but still increasing and sooner or
later, some company will need to hire new techies if only to
replace the burnouts, heart attack victims and retirees.

How good are your chances?

One thing I stress in my book Secrets of Changing to a Computer
Career is that I don't pretend to be an expert on the general
job-seeking skills such as networking, sending out resumes etc.

However, once you have some IT skills, certifications and --
hopefully -- experience, you do need to those general job
seeking skills to make yourself look as good as possible to
prospective employers.

As I stressed in yesterday's entry, to fall short in marketing
your job skills to employers is a disservice to both them and
to you.

Therefore I recommend this resume writing book to everyone
wanting to wanting to get a job.

Resume and Cover Letter Secrets Revealed




Powered by Blogger Add to My Yahoo!